Guidelines here in simple form. If you want to read directly from Government please visit the link here
Who is Eligible?
- You have a functional ABN from at least 1st July 2021
- Your business is located in the Southern Tasmanian Region subject to the lockdown on the 15th October 2021.
- Have an annual turnover of at least $25,000 or under $10,000,000 in the 2021 financial year ending 30th June 2021
- Have a new business where you can demonstrate could have an expected turnover of the above numbers in the 2022 financial year ending 30th June 2022.
- Your business was required to ‘Close’ or ‘not permitted to open’ or your business could be ‘open but with restrictions’. To work out what your business is officially classified as please go to this link:
- You cannot be a Not-for-Profit, Charity, Incorporated Association, Sporting or social club unless operating as a business with staff/goods and services.
- You cannot be insolvent, under external administration or bankrupt.
What is the Grant?
If your business was required to close (such as a hairdresser or retail shop) the grant is $1000.00
If your business was allowed to open but with restrictions (such as a cafe only allowed to sell takeaway food) the grant is $750.00
If you had purchased food that had to be thrown out such as fruit, meats, vegetables, dairy, flowers as a direct result of the lock down the grant is up to $10,000 (note you need to have invoices dated between 13th – 15th October provided as evidence)
NEW – additional information for claiming food:
In regards to a business being able to claim for unperishable goods used to make perishable items (e.g cakes) that spoilt due to the lockdown, I can confirm copies of the invoices for the unperishable goods they used to make the items would be accepted. We will not cover the cost of the cake(for example) however we can consider an itemised list of costs associated with the cake but not the sale price as this is not the aim of the program.
How do you apply?
Go to the Business Tasmania Website and apply through the Smarty Grants system. This is the link
The Grant CLOSES on the 1st November 2021 and its first in best dressed.
Your accountant can apply on your behalf but you must have supplied them with a letter giving explicit permission to do so.
You can also apply yourself by going to this page. Note the application form will not appear until 2pm 21st October. You can contact the Department of State Growth Directly on 1800 440 026 for additional questions.